Currently active as a day-to-day hands-on, licensed practitioner, consultant and expert witness in all aspects of real estate (except valuation) - standards of care, standards of practice, best practices, industry standards, and custom and practice for real estate transactions, property management/ownership and fiduciary duty issues for all types of residential and commercial real estate – management, operations, maintenance, health & safety, habitability, mold, water intrusion, personal injury, trip & fall, slip & fall, premises liability, wrongful death, lack of security, failure to maintain, property inspection, due diligence, wage/hour, negligent hiring, broker or agent failure to disclose; misrepresentation; negligence/fraud & association board duties, and real estate receivership.
* Certified Property Manager (CPM), CRE, RPA, CCIM, PCAM, CCAM, GRI, ARM
* Author - Property Management Kit for Dummies and Property Management for Dummies
* Co-Author - Real Estate Investing for Dummies; Landlord's Legal Kit for Dummies (2014); and Mortgage Management for Dummies (2017)
* IREM National Faculty Instructor; HUD certified management agent
* EPA Lead-based paint renovator certificate
* Court-appointed receiver & bankruptcy custodian
A 3-time graduate of the distinguished Marshall School of Business at the University of Southern California with a BS ('81), MBA ('86) and MSBA (2nd Masters) ('88) in real estate and related disciplines.
Also holds the top professional designations in the real estate industry, including Counselor of Real Estate (CRE®), Certified Property Manager (CPM®), Accredited Residential Manager (ARM®), Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM®), Professional Community Association Manager (PCAM®), Certified Community Association Manager (CCAM®) and Graduate, Realtor Institute (GRI®).
Download (PDF 76 kB)